Military Discharge

When an individual separates from military service, they receive a DD 214 (military separation form). Military service organizations strongly suggest recording the form to ensure easy availability of a certified copy of this document if the original were to become lost or destroyed. Upon recording of the discharge paper, the Recorder's office will furnish certified copies at no charge to the filer.

As a courtesy to military personnel, the Recorder's office does not charge for recording the DD 214 forms. If you have lost or misplaced your military separation form and need a certified copy, and you did not record your DD 214 form in our office, you need to contact your local Veteran's Service Officer. Our office only has records of DD 214 forms that have been submitted to us for recording by the veterans themselves.